Sunday, May 3, 2009

An Event Filled Weekend

Pooped doesn't begin to describe how tired I'm feeling right now, actually, I'm not even sure how my eyeballs are still awake. Friday morning I woke up with a scratchy voice and that turned into me almost losing my voice by the end of the day and by Friday evening I had a full blown cold with a NASTY cough. I missed out on Jason's cousin's engagement party and spent the evening camped out on the couch. Ashley stayed home with me and every time I sneezed or coughed she came running to my side and would pat my chest or back and ask if I was ok or told me everything would be alright (my heart melted a lot that night, I can't believe how caring and loving she is). Saturday morning we woke up and Pete and Sandy came to pick up Maddy dog then we got ready for day 1 of Taste of Ladera. We headed over to the event around 3 and walked around, tasted treats, rode rides and listened to music until 7pm. Then we were off to a birthday dinner for my sister. After dinner the boys decided to play a game of poker so Erin, Ash and I headed upstairs and were asleep within 30 minutes. This morning we woke up SOOOO tired and were in serious slow motion. We ended up going out to breakfast (more like an early lunch) with my brother. Then we came home for an hour of rest before enjoying day 2 of the Taste of Ladera. We decided to make the day all about Ash and stayed in the family zone and let her go on rides for about an hour before heading over to the park. I sat down on a park bench and found my behind had somehow been super glued to the seat because it felt impossible to get up. I had fun watching Ash play with Jas on the swings and he taught her a new trick for the twisty fire pole (I'll have video and pics of that posted tomorrow). At around 5pm we came home and I decided to go grocery shopping for the week (not a good idea because I think I was in the store for 1.5 hours because I was moving so slow). After dinner, bath time and tucking everyone in I just want to collapse. Between the busy weekend with lots of standing/walking, my cold and being pregnant I feel like I could hibernate and just sleep for 3 days straight. I have sore muscles that I didn't even know existed, pretty pathetic since I haven't done anything more than stand or walk around LOL.

I hope you all had a great weekend, I can't believe we're already in the month of May. Jason and I were talking this morning and I think Colin will be here before we know it, the time has gone by so fast. I also realized today at the park how old my baby is :-( I was watching her climb and play and she wasn't a baby or toddler, she was a big girl, it makes me so sad and happy all at once. One of the most wonderful things she's started to do lately is to express her love for us all on her own. This morning she crawled into bed with us and we were all watching cartoons when she rolled over, tickled my shoulder and said, "I love you so much mommy." It's so nice to hear her say those things all on her own, it lets us know that she really does love us :-)

I'll post pictures tomorrow and I hope you all have a great Monday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks again for the updates - Next best thing to being there. Ashley sounds so grown-up she probably doesn't even remember who we are! Love you guys! Grandma & (Nana & Papa)

Anonymous said...

Hey kelly,

I saw you on Bris' blog and was just peeking in to see how your pregnancy was going! Hope you're enjoying it!

Jen