Saturday, May 16, 2009

It's all in a name

I've been meaning to post this for a few days and keep forgetting...

Every time we tell someone we're going to name this baby Colin, they ask why or if it has any meaning. I guess there isn't really meaning but there's a little story from about 2 years ago that I forgot about until the other day. So, here it goes...

Jason and I have always thrown around boy names after having Ashley because we were over our boy name the second we found out we were having a girl. We never seemed to agree and I always ended up getting cold feet on the more creative names after a few months. One day we were packing up to go to San Onofre for the day and I noticed Jason's surfboard was signed by Colin Mc Phillips. I said, "Colin, hmm. I like that name for a boy!". I think Jason responded with, "Yeah, me too." That's where Colin came from and it seemed to stick with us until we actually got pregnant. We had forgotten about the name until about two weeks before we found out the sex when we were having a "serious talk" about the issue. Then Jason said, "Whatever happened to Colin?" I said, "I don't know, I forgot about that name. I love it." He agreed and the conversation was done.

0 comments: