Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another Dr. Appointment

I had another doctor appointment today. Colin weighs 1lb 6oz and looks great. They wanted to get a good picture of his face today to check for a cleft lip and there was no sign of anything abnormal, he has a perfect smile :-) They also measured his belly (which measures two weeks bigger than the rest of his body), head and legs and he's right on track for his growth and my amniotic fluid levels were also right where they were supposed to be. Today he was laying sideways in my belly with his head on my right side and his feet on my left side. My blood pressure was great and I'm scheduled for my next visit on May 26th at which point I will almost be 3/4 of the way through this pregnancy (CRAZY!)

I'm definitely starting to feel more pregnant. I have a little waddle some days and I feel sore from head to toe at the end of the day. Last night I was really pooped and Jason asked if I had forgotten about all of the discomfort and I guess I kind of did but it's just so different this time around. By this point in my pregnancy with Ashley I was bound to the couch or bed all day and night which is very different from my current situation. I have Ashley to run after and usually another 2 kids to care for and on Fridays I have 4 kids under four while being pregnant and at the end of the day I'm tired but it actually doesn't seem too hard while I'm doing it. It's funny because I find myself wondering how I'm going to take care of two of my own kids, especially when Colin is brand new, but then I remind myself about Fridays. I figure if I can take care of 3 toddlers, an infant and be pregnant I should find a way to master two kids of my own. I guess I'm just a little nervous about being so sleep deprived in the beginning, I feel lucky if I get 5 hours of sleep right now but the sleep deprivation that comes with a newborn is in a class of its own (I guess I'm just keeping my fingers crossed he'll be just like Ash and sleep through the night after 3 week).

1 comments:

J. Gruenemay said...

You're completely insane to be watching so many kids while pregnant! More power to you I guess ;-) You'll have no problem taking care of two. Can't wait to meet the little guy!