Sunday, December 6, 2009

Snow Day

 

A year ago we had found a house that we liked, so we made an offer, but I still wasn't completely sold.  We went back for another look and found the neighborhood snow day taking place at the park across the street from this house.  After watching Ashley play for an hour, I knew this was where I wanted to call home.

Here we are a year later enjoying that neighborhood snow day once again.  Ash and I decided to make it an event for the girls since it was too cold for Colin and Daddy didn't mind staying home watching football and Colin.

Ashley loved playing in the snow, trying to build her own snowman and trying to get the carrot back on the big snow man.  
 
 
 
She thought she had hit the jackpot with the snow lot, then she spotted the snow slopes that kids were sledding down.  She asked if we could PLEASE go NOW.  We headed over there and while we were waiting in line I offered to go down the slope with Ashley and she thought for a few seconds and said, "I think it might be a little scary, but I am going to try to be brave and tough and go all by myself."  I was shocked, proud and feeling a little sad that she was too old for my help.
 
She was so excited to carry her sled by herself and she grinned from ear to ear as she zoomed down the slope.  When she was done she said, "I knew I could be brave mommy!"

Then we waited in line to get her face painted and while we were in line Santa rode in on a red convertible.  Ashley was so happy to see him again and wasn't sure what she was going to talk to him about this time.  While she pondered that she decided to dance for me, I need to get her in a dance class because she is always twirling around for us.  After her face was finally adorned with a candy cane I took a picture to show it to her and she said, "No mommy, we have to go look at it in the mirror."  It was so cute to watch her check it out in the mirror, it reminded me how grown up she is.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


 
 
We decided to visit Santa and they had a great visit filled with high-fives, stories and of course talk about presents. 


We decided to visit Santa and they had a great visit filled with high-fives, stories and of course talk about presents. 


We finished the day off with a ride on the choo choo train and as I watched her smile from ear to ear with the cold air blowing in her hair I couldn't help but think about how much I love this girl.  Her joy for life just oozes out of every smile and it is so infectious.  It was just a special moment with my girl that I will always remember.


 


1 comments:

Shwam Fam said...

Love this post!! What a special day for you girls! She is getting so grown up. We miss you. We have to get together SOON. Tomorrow is my last day until Jan. woo hoo!! Let's play!!