Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Ashley!

Happy Birthday Ashley!

Although I'm so sad that you're getting older I'm so proud of the little person you are growing up to be. You're my little buddy. Whenever you and I go out I know we're going to have fun. It might be something ordinary like sharing a bag of popcorn while we shop at Target and you tell me stories or as big as going to Disneyland and riding roller coasters together. You always make me laugh, smile and remind me just how much I love you. I remember talking about how I would never do baby talk before I met you and once I laid eyes on you the baby jibberish started to fall out of my mouth. I've loved getting to be your mommy for these three years. You've taught me lots of patience and you've shown me how to find the joy in changing a blow out diaper. I don't like mornings but getting to share the couch or bed with you for a few minutes while we watch cartoons each morning makes it one of my favorite times of day, it's even better when we get to make pancakes afterwards. I've loved getting to hold your hand while we walk around and I promise I'll start to loosen the grip as you get older. You are a special girl, you light up a room with your smile, you make Daddy and me cry with laughter, you surprise us each day with how smart you are and we love how much you always want to help. I'm sad these three years have slipped by so quickly but I can't wait to enjoy all the fun things we have to look forward to in the future. I hope you always know how much you are cherished and that Daddy and I love you too much! Actually, Daddy loves you bigger than Brett Favre and SubMarina and I love you bigger than Disneyland. We hope you have a wonderful birthday!

We decided to celebrate Ashley's birthday early this morning (6am ick!) since Ash and I will be at Disneyland and Jason will be working and getting the new house ready for us. I woke Ashley up singing happy birthday to her and she smiled in her sleep- too cute! Then she ran out to the family room to see her gifts (I had to shop with her at Target and she was obsessed with a rubber ducky which was the only gift she thought she was getting- it was actually the distraction that kept her from noticing the goodies in the cart). Ashley asked permission to rip the envelope of her card and then Jason offered to read it to her and she said, "no thanks, I can do it, I'm a big girl". After opening her new baby doll, baby gear and bath we put it all together and finished the morning singing happy birthday and blowing the candles out from her donut. Just a few minutes ago she came up to me and said,"Mommy, who's my baby's daddy?" it took everything in me to not burst out laughing at her. I asked her who she thought it was and she said I could be her daddy so I explained that I'm a girl and Daddy's are boys so it would be better for her to pick a boy and she would be the mommy, that seemed to answer the question but she looked a little puzzled as she walked away. Nothing like starting off the third year with some tough questions!

Well, we're hanging out at the house until we sign our loan docs this morning and then we'll be off to Disneyland. I'll have Disneyland pictures and moving pictures once we're all settled in.









0 comments: